Hi, I’m Jamie and I am an environmental photographer based out of Lafayette, Indiana. I’ve been shooting since I was 16 but like many of you, had to change a lot of habits when digital cameras changed the game. I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark iii and 24mm 1.4 Sigma Art. I am thrilled to be this weeks guest judge over on the Dear Photographer Facebook page.
10 Fun Facts About Me
- I love sushi.
- I have three girls ages 7 and under: Haydn, Harper and Hattie.
- My favorite color is purple but I wear a lot of black.
- I have a major obsession with space and astronomy.
- Sunsets run a close second to starry skies, in my book. The sky is my muse.
- I can read others really well which is why I love being a photographer. Being able to feel a moment alongside your subject helps to capture it on a genuine level.
- Despite my need for depth – I do have a sense of humor. I love to laugh.
- I love to play inspiring music LOUDLY on my way to sessions as I sip on something strong from Starbucks. You can find me listening to something with soul and a touch of funk. Ben Harper, Citizen Cope, and Marc Broussard are my top three go to pre-session artists. I can’t wait for Adele’s new album!
- I have a touch of OCD and social anxieties but they melt away when I’m behind the camera.
- I invested in myself this year and upgraded my camera gear. It was honestly the best move I’ve made for my creative career aside from just being myself, quirks and all. If you’re thinking about doing the same – I say, TAKE THE PLUNGE! You won’t regret it.
I love a good silhouette. Check out my REDEFINE tutorial about how to master this technique.
I can’t wait to see what you creative souls come up with!