Hi, everyone! I’m Mariah, owner of Brass Bird Photography. I am a documentary-style photographer from Midwest City, Oklahoma. I currently shoot portraits, but I will be adding LGBT and intimate weddings to my services in 2016. In my bag is a Canon 5D Mark iii, a 50mm 1.4, a 70-200mm 2.8 and a Rolleiflex 2.8f. I’m beyond excited to be this week’s guest judge on Dear Photographer’s Facebook page.
10 FACTS featuring Brass Bird Photography
- I run solely on coffee and creative inspiration.
- I have 12 tattoos and they all mean something special to me.
- I love teaching others how to be better photographers.
- I have three daughters that are all named after strong characters or people: Evey age 6 (Evey from V for Vendetta), Zoey age 3.5 (pretty much because I’m obsessed with Zooey Deschanel) and Remy Scout 8 months (Remy Lebeau from X Men + Scout Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird).
- I love knitting and crochet.
- I studied at the Pacific Northwest College of Art and then went on to get my degree in Special Education. This will be my last year teaching.
- I learned film and darkroom processing, so I don’t always feel like I have a handle on my digital editing.
- I’m terrible at accounting. Like I may or may not have a box of receipts by my desk. #2016resolutions
- I recently opened a creative workshop, studio and gathering space in Oklahoma City called Rally.
- I will be going full-time next year plus starting homeschooling. Follow along on social media to see when my meltdown occurs.
Can’t wait to see your posts!!