10 Fun Facts about me
1. I love wine. Pinot Noir Please (is it weird this is my #1?)
2. I am a single mother of four adult children as well as a single grandmother of five, one of which I am raising. Little Miss Chloe is four and keeps me smiling.
3. I am OCD about only one thing. I check my camera at least three times before a shoot. Memory Card, Battery life, and it rides in the front seat of my car just so I don’t have that yikes feeling that I may have forgotten it.
4. I am a self taught photographer. YouTube is my friend.
5. I have a sticker on my laptop that reads, “I like poetry, walks on the beach and poking at dead things with a stick” my best friend gave it to me and it is the absolute truth and pretty much sums me up. Don’t pretend you haven’t poked a dead bird at the beach, or a small rodent. Ok, well maybe you haven’t, I’ll still be your friend.
6. I’m a NIKON girl. I started my journey about 6 years ago with a Nikon D7000 and a 50mm 1.4 lens. I now shoot with a D700, have added an 85mm lens but still love my nifty fifty. I still have the D7000, can’t seem to end our relationship, however I haven’t used it in a few years. This sounds so sad. I feel bad. Maybe it’s time to pass her on to someone else. Her name is Nicky.
7. I shoot natural light. I bought a flash thing a ma jiggy and it scares the begeezus out of me.
8. I have a not so fun full time job with the County Assessor’s office (enough said about that)
9. Lightroom for editing and elements for removing stuff and things that distract from the subject.
10. If I can share one thing that was a huge aha moment for me… Slooooowww down. I used to feel rushed and hurried during a shoot and would forget to adjust my ISO from location to location. Take your time. It keeps your clients calm and makes for some pretty awesome candid shots just when they think you are adjusting your settings.