The freckled face of English coming at you from behind the lens of Be Freckled Photography. Yes, English is my real name. I’m a portrait photographer that focuses primarily on high school seniors, but will sometimes dabble in couples or glamour. We recently made the move from Germany to Tokyo, Japan, where I am re-establishing my urban style in a great setting. I’ve been shooting since 2013, and typically have a Nikon d700 + 85mm f/1.8 in my hand, although a recent 135mm f/2 DC purchase may knock the 85 off the camera. I’m so excited to be this week’s guest judge over on the Dear Photographer Facebook page!
10 Fun Facts about Me
1. I once tried to count all of my freckles by marking them off with permanent marker. Mom was not happy.
2. I love my dogs so much, I have them tattooed on my forearms.
3. I often forget how short I am until I see myself in photographs.
4. I never learned how to multiply numbers.
5. My business pricing ensures that no 5’s ever come up. I just don’t like that number.
6. If reading novels at home could be a profession, I’d be a millionaire.
7. I have an irrational fear of falling off of things.
8. My husband is much funnier than I, so I steal his jokes.
9. My dog’s full name is Ninja Pirate Assassin Druglord Don Julio.
10. My dream is to run a shelter that supports itself as a petting zoo.
Now that you know more about me, how about that weekly theme?! I contemplated a “midnight” theme in nod to New Year’s this week, but let’s be real; staying up that late is not all that easy sometimes.
Excited to see your image shares!