The freckled face of English coming at you from behind the lens of Be Freckled Photography. Yes, English is my real name. I’m a portrait photographer that focuses primarily on high school seniors, but will sometimes dabble in couples or glamour. We recently made the move from Germany to Tokyo, Japan, where I am re-establishing my urban style in a great setting. I’ve been shooting since 2013, and typically have a Nikon d700 + 85mm f/1.8 in my hand, although a recent 135mm f/2 DC purchase may knock the 85 off the camera. I’m so excited to be this week’s guest judge over on the Dear Photographer Facebook page!
Website. Facebook. Instagram.
10 Fun Facts about Me
1. I once tried to count all of my freckles by marking them off with permanent marker. Mom was not happy.
2. I love my dogs so much, I have them tattooed on my forearms.
3. I often forget how short I am until I see myself in photographs.
4. I never learned how to multiply numbers.
5. My business pricing ensures that no 5’s ever come up. I just don’t like that number.
6. If reading novels at home could be a profession, I’d be a millionaire.
7. I have an irrational fear of falling off of things.
8. My husband is much funnier than I, so I steal his jokes.
9. My dog’s full name is Ninja Pirate Assassin Druglord Don Julio.
10. My dream is to run a shelter that supports itself as a petting zoo.
Now that you know more about me, how about that weekly theme?! I contemplated a “midnight” theme in nod to New Year’s this week, but let’s be real; staying up that late is not all that easy sometimes.
Excited to see your image shares!