Hi! I’m Emily of Emily Bennett Photography. I am a children’s and family photographer in Indianapolis, Indiana. I started in the business in 2013 but have always had a love for the art. In my bag, you’ll find a Canon 6D, 50mm 1.4 and a Sigma 35mm 1.4 art. I am so excited to be the guest judge this week over at Dear Photographer via Facebook!
Website. Facebook. Instagram.
10 Fun Facts About Me
- I grew up on a farm in rural Putnam County, Indiana.
- I married my high school sweetheart. We have been together fourteen years; married for six and a half of them.
- We traveled to the Caribbean every year for our anniversary until we had our son. This tradition *will* resume as soon as our kids are a bit older.
- We love to play games. Admittedly, I am a hypocrite as I made fun of my husband for a few years for playing his geek games and now they are some of my favorite. Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, and our most recent favorite, Pandemic. Any fellow board game lovers?
- I was a teacher for six years. I taught second grade, third grade, and kindergarten. Kindergarten was by far the most chaotic but also my favorite.
- In 2014 I founded an organization called a little rae of hope in memory of a former student and special friend of mine that lost her three year battle to Leukemia at the age of seven. We photograph families with loved ones (of any age) facing life threatening illnesses.
- If you ask me, I will tell you I am a stay at home mom. But I run both my photography business as well as a little rae of hope in my “spare time”.
- Each year at Christmas, one of my family members brings a rare and exotic meat that no one has ever had. We all eat it without knowing what it is. Some of the things we have eaten: llama, kangaroo, camel, and the one that always gets the crazy looks, dog.
- Christmas is my favorite. I would decorate in July if I could.
- If I could only shoot one thing the rest of my career it would be births. But because I have two young kiddos I can’t be on call to even offer this right now
For this week’s theme I was inspired by one of my favorite images of my son. Light. No matter what the source is. Let’s see it.