Hi, I’m Jen, the photographer behind Jen Bilodeau Photography. I am a lifestyle & documentary photographer based out of Massachusetts. I am also a CPA and enjoy mentoring fellow photographers to help them take their business to the next level. My Nikon D750 and Sigma 35mm 1.4 ART are my near-constant companions. I am lover of light and shadows and all they illuminate and define.
Website. Facebook. Instagram. Pinterest. Twitter.
10 Fun Facts About Me:
- I have three kids, an amazing husband, a dog and a cat. Our house and our hearts are happy and full!
- I’m a major morning person.
- I worked as a manager in corporate finance and accounting for 10 years before taking a leap of faith in starting my photography business. I haven’t looked back sense!
- I downhill ski raced through college and I’m still a total ski bum at heart.
- I am most at peace when I am in the mountains.
- I like to cook but put off going to the grocery store at all costs. I really really dislike grocery shopping.
- I’m a serious list maker
- I love my Boston sports teams!
- I’m on year 3 of my 365 project and it’s become such an important part of my life.
- My family & my photography are as much a part of me as breathing.
You can take this theme literally – like a child singing high on a swing, or a father lovingly tossing his smiling little boy up in the air, but feel free to get creative. Show me what it feels like to be lighter than air – what lifts you up, gives you strength and rejuvenates you.
Up in the mountains is where I am most at peace. It doesn’t matter if I’m hiking, skiing or simply driving around. This image was taken at the top of an early morning hike with my son. On this particular morning it was a spectacularly clear winter day the White Mountains. As I climbed higher towards the top, the thoughts in my mind fell into a gentle rhythm with my steps, my stress vanished and I felt rejuvenated and free. It was a special time with my son that I will never forget. From the top of that mountain, I truly felt lighter than air.
Please do post your pictures on the Dear Photographer Facebook page this week! Can’t wait to see them!