I am so very excited to be the guest judge this week on the Dear Photographer Facebook page! I’m a lifestyle photographer with a fine art infusion living in Hoboken, New Jersey. My love for photography started in 2014 with the birth of our daughter, and I’ve been behind the lens ever since. I shoot with a Nikon D750, and my go to lens is my Nikkor 50mm 1.8 (I also adore my Lensbaby Sweet 35!). Here is some information about me, and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s photos this week!
10 Fun Facts About Me
- People joke with me that I’m a 32 year old going on 82- no lie, I like to spend quiet evenings knitting and watching The Golden Girls.
- My husband and I are history buffs, every autumn we visit the Civil War Battlefield in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania (my ancestors fought there)
- I’ve never seen Star Wars (I know, I know..I need to watch it!)
- I once wore two different heels to dinner (different heights and everything) and didn’t notice until it was pointed out by a friend at the end of the evening.
- Hearing my daughter cry for the first time was the happiest moment of my life .
- My secret dream is to someday own a Bed & Breakfast or a coffee shop.
- I printed out and framed the first photograph I was ever really proud of- I can see all it’s technical flaws and etc. now, but it’s still very special to me and it hangs in our home.
- I sometimes read urban legends online to creep myself out…as a kid I thought it was so much fun being scared and as an adult I still enjoy a good horror movie.
- I could live on Mexican food alone, it’s my absolute favorite cuisine. I make a pretty good Mole sauce.
- My dream vacation would be to travel back to Florence, Italy (I studied abroad there) and spend a week taking photos of everything and anything…and of course drinking wine and cappuccinos.
I can’t wait to see your images!