Hi, I’m Caitlin, photographer of Earth Mother Photography. I am a lifestyle/documentary photographer located in Lanoka Harbor, New Jersey and I’ve been a photographer since 2006 but after a 4 year hiatus started shooting lifestyle in early 2014. In my bag, you’ll always find my Nikon D7000, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 24-85mm 2.8 (which is on my camera body most of the time), Nikon 55-200mm 5.6 and Sigma 70-300mm 5.6 (because I’ve always been an over packer). I’m mommy to my little girl and wife to an awesome guitar player husband. I’m really excited to be this weeks guest judge over on the Dear Photographer Facebook page.
10 Fun Facts About Me:
- I’m an Autism Mom. My living daughter is 3 years old and was recently diagnosed as Autistic and though it can be exhausting and frustrating when she is having a hard time, she is my sunshine and my muse. I strive for others acceptance when it comes to the Autism community.
- I am obsessed with everything having to do with pumpkins. I get overly excited when I see pumpkins and it probably embarrasses my husband if he’s with me. I’m equally obsessed with Autumn. I wish it could be this season all year round!
- I’ve been vegan since June 2005. Made the switch a month after dating my now husband who is vegetarian <3
- I’m a rescue mom of currently two cats and one super loving Pit Bull, who was rescued from a dog fighting ring where she has many visible signs of her cruel treatment. You’d never know she was mistreated by how friendly and sweet she is.
- Though I live in New Jersey, my heart belongs in Maine, more specifically the Western part of the state. I live in a shore community, and though I love the beaches and shore sights, my heart longs to be in the mountains.
- Before my 4 year break from photography, I photographed some major rock and metal festivals, as well as some smaller shows.
- My husband and I have an extensive vinyl collection, including old lacards from the very early 1900s. I even own a victrola that I inherited from my grandmother, aka Grambo.
- I’m a Red Sox fan married to a Yankees fan.
- I learned photography when I was a little girl on my father’s Menolta film camera back in the early 90s, which was where my love of photography started. Though I shoot mainly in digital, I still love the look and feel of shooting with film.
- I have social anxiety, so I’m always nervous before shoots. Once I get into the groove, I’m good! I’m also a chronic worrier.
I cannot wait to see what beautiful images will be submitted by all of you talented photographers!