Hello! I’m Jamie – a storytelling photographer from the Twin Cities, in Minnesota. I’ve been shooting since forever and launched my business in 2015. I currently shoot with a Nikon D810 and a Nikon D90. My lens lineup includes a Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 (which almost never comes off my camera), a Nikkor 50mm 1.8, a Tamron 60mm 2.0 macro (which I grab and play with when I’m feeling in a rut) and a
Nikkor 70-300 4.5. I carry my gear in one of two Shutterbags.
Website. Facebook. Instagram.
10 Fun Facts about Me:
1. I am mama to three sweet boys age 5 and under.
2. My secret wish is that a remake of The Great Outdoors would be made someday, with Dan Ackroyd as the resort owner and Vince Vaughn as Chet (John Candy’s role).
3. My favorite thing to grill is a big ol’ ribeye steak to share with my hubby.
4. I’m a dog person.
5. I love handwritten notes – both giving and receiving them.
6. My first camera was a Kodak 110.
7. I love a good pun.
8. My lucky number is 8.
9. I can’t sing, but I do in the car anyway.
10. I love vintage quilts and always have a few handy in my car for picnics or sessions.
As a photographer, I instinctively look for the light. I think this influences every action in untold ways and is a survival instinct for me. This takes on new meaning for me lately as I reflect on all the tragedies unfolding around us. In the face of evil, despair and fear – we must continue to look for the light. In doing so, we let our love light shine on.