Hi! (I say that in a super excited voice)
I’m Kelly from Momma Got Soul Photography. I am a documentary photographer in the hot humid Tampa Bay Area. I know everyone else is getting ready for fall but not so much here. I’ve been at this a few years, I don’t really keep track. It’s hard to nail down that moment that it went from hobby shooting in “P” mode thinking I was cool to an actual business. I am a Canon girl, strive to get all my editing done in Lightroom, and I haven’t been too unhappy with my Sigma lens. I shoot with either a 35mm or an 85mm. I have no where in between. I am stoked to be the guest judge this week over at Dear Photographer! It will be fun to expand my role past just a monthly contributor.
Feel free to stop by and check out my work at:
Website. Facebook. Instagram.
10 Fun Facts About Me
- I drink lots of coffee and beer, usually in that order, but not always
- I have 2 kids (5 and 2.5) that most days I adore, but not all
- Some days I love my work
- Some days I hate my work
- I was going to be named Kelly whether I was a boy or a girl. It was my Dad’s choice
- At one point in time I said I would never photograph people………
- I love craft beer (yes, I am mentioning beer twice) 🙂
- I have zero will power and will eat the whole bag of cookies at night while my kids are sleeping. Because of this I hardly ever buy my kids junk food. I eat all the sugar!
- My favorite house growing up was over 2 miles to the nearest neighbor
- I have webbed toes.
After we had about a week’s worth of steady rain including a hurricane, I had to get out of the house with my kids. We were stir crazy. We drove the back roads of South Florida just exploring. When I saw these kids on the side of the road I immediately stopped and turned around to photograph them. To me, this is totally childhood summed up in one image.
I am a storyteller. I think that every picture should tell a story. With every image you post, tell your story!