HEY, THERE CREATIVE PEOPLE!
We’re hitting you with another episode from our brand new IG TV. We are having so much fun with our channel. To watch on your phone, hit the IG TV icon above and head on over to @dear_photographer, there you will find our ig tv highlight. Don’t forget to watch all of our other informative episodes.
Today we are joined by the lovely Sandy Fales, she taught a Mini session at our last Elevate + Grow Workshop on Street Photography. The student that signed up for it were completely blown away by Sandy’s spirit and knowledge.
WHAT IS STREET PHOTOGRAPHY? AND WHY SHOULD I TRY IT?
- Allows you to slow down and anticipate the moment
- Creatively it pushes you to seek out the interesting in the environment
- Pushes you outside the comfort zone
- It creates a conversation around humanity
- It gives you the freedom to capture and publish life as it is
WHAT SANDY USES FOR STREET PHOTOGRAPHY :
I use my 24mm 1.8 for everything but a lot of people use a 35mm. I don’t though because I like to get in on the action.
For incredible inspiration, Sandy loves Vivian Mier
Honestly, after I watched that documentary about Vivian Maier, she is. Not only the way she shot but how she carried herself through life. Such an intriguing person all around.
More incredible inspiration :